SMWC Hotline and Legal Clinic Response: COVID-19
Thank you so much for contacting us about your work problem. You’ve bravely taken the first step to get the support and answers you need.
We are always here to provide services and resources but due to COVID-19 some of our options have temporarily changed.
Please be advised of the following:
- Our weekly Workers’ Support Legal Clinic, scheduled every Thursday from 5-7PM, is postponed indefinitely.
- Our Hotline is here to help. Our volunteers and staff are here for you and take your concerns seriously.
- Due to unusually high call volume, response times for worker concerns may take up to 24 hours.
- To help our volunteers respond to you in a timely manner, please leave a voicemail and clearly state your full name and phone number.
While you wait, here are 2 excellent resources to research:
- Free Legal Answers Here is the link.
- Our WORK Manual is available in English and Spanish .PDFs here. French language options here
Even though we cannot meet with you in-person, we recognize that workers’ issues have not gone away. In fact, this pandemic has caused a massive upheaval to our day-to-day operations and workers, across many industries, are experiencing unfair treatment, hazardous conditions, and layoffs at an unmatched rate.
Your Comrades at the Southern Maine Workers’ Center