Southern Maine Workers’ Center
This is an hourly, part-time position for 16 hours a week. Compensation is $15/hr. The position will be focused on administrative work and volunteer coordination and will be based at SMWC’s office in Portland.
Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are due by November 1st.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Coordinator will provide ongoing support in the areas of office administration and volunteer management that are essential to the smooth operation of the Southern Maine Workers’ Center as a community-based organization powered largely by volunteer members.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks required to run the Southern Maine Workers’ Center, coordinating the administrative needs of SMWC’s member-led committees, and recruiting and supporting administrative volunteers.
- Managing the firstname.lastname@example.org email account and fielding general inquiries about SMWC or forwarding to relevant staff or member-leaders.
- Managing upkeep of contact database and membership rolls, including tracking dues
- Basic bookkeeping and fiscal management
- Maintaining the public and internal calendars
- Maintaining and updating SMWC’s website and social media accounts
- Facilitating printing jobs for board of directors meetings and larger programming events
- Organizing SMWC’s office space and materials; sorting and filing paperwork
- Coordinating payroll
- Creating administrative policies and implementing improvements data security
- Recruiting volunteers and interns for admin tasks and programing
- Coordinating volunteers for administrative tasks, including data entry for SMWC programs
- Coordinating volunteers for fundraising, including events, data entry, and thank you notes
- This position is for 16 hours a week.
- Most work would be during the day, though occasional nights and weekends will be required
- Weekly staff meetings will be required
- This position will be supervised by the Executive Director
- Ability to work with Microsoft Suite of programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) and Google Docs
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and spreadsheets
- Familiarity with basic website development, especially in WordPress
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Aligned with the SMWC’s political orientation, community agreements, and goals as outlined in the SMWC Membership Agreements
- Comfortable working collectively (including group decision-making, collaborative writing, and meeting/event co-facilitation)
- Women, People of Color, LBGTQ people, poor and working class people encouraged to apply