What: 2013 Southern Maine Workers’ Center Annual Meeting
When: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 12:00p – 4:00p
Where: SMWC Office at Meg Perry Center, 644 Congress Street, Portland
Featuring: Human Rights Organizing Teach-in
Learn how the Vermont Workers’ Center won universal health care using a human rights framework and community organizing.
Vermont Workers’ Center – Put People First Campaign[/caption]
- Potluck Lunch (12:00 – 12:30)
- Opening Statement from Co-Chair Matthew Beck (12:30)
- Introductions (12:40)
- Ground Rules and Agenda (12:55)
- Mission, SMWC History and Year in Review (1:00)
- Election of New Board Members (1:20)
- Bylaws Discussion (1:30)
- Break (1:40)
- Vermont Workers Center Human Rights Organizing Model (1:45 – 3:30)
- Looking Ahead: Planning for 2013 (3:30 – 4:00)
If you can attend, please RSVP to our Organizer:
It’s a potluck! If you can, bring a dish to share.
Receive up to 2 hours of free parking!!!
Park at Gateway Garage (181 High Street) or Spring Street Garage (45 Spring Street) and SMWC can give you stamps for two hours of free parking! Carpooling highly encouraged.
For more parking info visit: http://tinyurl.com/SMWCparking.